|Object from URL|
||With this tool it is possible to add easily to a scene:
- other INT3D-scenes or parts of them. They must have been saved in external format "as part" (see "how to save a scene");
- 3D objects made with other 3D-Editors and saved as VRML files;
- any other kind of VRML objects and scenes.
Select "List" > "Base" > "Text Based" > "Object from URL".
A virtual keyboard will appear on the screen; type (by simply clicking the mouse on its keys) the route of the files that you want to import into the scene;
for example: C:\myscenes\model.wrl
click "OK" and then "Add".
The adress related to the .wrl-object can be set in two ways:
1) entirely, writing the complete route to the object, f.e.:
http://www.mysite.com/mymodel.wrl - when the file is placed on the site,
C:\myscenes\mymodel.wrl - when the file is placed on the local computer.
2) writing only the file's name; in this case the file is searched in the same directory (on site or hard disk) where the scene's file is placed, f.e.:
With the Cortona vrml-viewer it is possible to use the "drag&drop" method:
- drag the selected vrml-file link(address) to the INT3D-editor window and drop to the "Drop Zone".