||This tool has many functions, but in particular it allows drawing in plan all walls that enclose any kind of space and to set the kind and dimensions of the holes for each single wall, if required.
After selecting "List" > "Base" > "Drawing" > "Walls", we advice adding it directly to the scene (clicking on "ADD") and pressing "page down" (from the keyboard) to hide all the control panels (not necessary in this phase) from the scene.
Two axes (horizontal and vertical) will appear on the screen. Where they cross forms a slider (cursor) with which , moving the mouse, it is possible to draw the entire plan section, e.g. all walls and other elements that enclose a space (room, flat or any other kind of building).
Appearing on the small panel of the screen are the following functions:
- the directional keys, for moving and zooming the drawing on the screen;
- the snap, very useful in setting the dimensions (100 cm, 50 cm, 10 cm, 5 cm, 1 cm);
- the three modes that enables drawing the wall (DRAW), modifying it (DRAG) or setting its properties (WALL);
- "UNDO/DEL", for annulling the last input or deleting one selected wall;
- "DIM", for making dimensions on the screen visible or invisible;
- "C: on/off", for switching the "Continuous" mode. When it is set on "C:/on", the cursor draws lines on the screen without interruptions;
- "APERTURE", after selecting a single wall, it is possible by clicking on this key to set its height and the kind, position and dimensions of the holes when necessary;
- M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 concern the textures of the two main faces of a wall. Such textures will be applied through the materials' panel in "Build" regime;
- T1, T2, T3, T4, T5 concern the different thicknesses of the walls. At the start they have set values (from 10 cm up to 40 cm), but they can be easily changed with "OBJECT" in "Build" regime;
- "3D" key, which enables seeing the object in 3D mode in the 3D scene, returning to the previous regime ("list", "build" or "tour").
After drawing the object (for example a set of walls) in "Build" regime, it can be easily modified with "OBJECT" (panel III). It is possible:
- to set its position in the scene;
- to set its angle in comparison to the three axes X, Y, Z;
- to set the five parameters regarding thicknesses T1, T2, T3, T4, T5;
- to modify its height (the walls);
- to apply the textures: the first five parameters (M1/M5) concern the two main faces of the walls. M6 and M7 concern respectively the external and the internal borders;
- to go back to the "DRAWING" mode, with "Switch 3D Panel" (writing "1"), if you need to change something.
Range of use: all walls.
Example 3D scene:|
(requires a vrml-viewer)
view 3D scene
edit 3D scene